Wednesday, October 20, 2010

makes me think

Today, a student of mine with Down Syndrome was dancing all by herself at the 8th grade dance. And just as other students began to laugh at her, one of the most popular boys in the school got up and danced with her for the remainder of the evening. MMT
- mr. k

Today, he ran 3 consecutive red lights and didn’t stop when I put on my patrol car’s lights. I followed him all the way across town to the hospital with the intention of arresting him. He stopped and ran inside, ignoring my calls to surrender. I ran after him, into the emergency room, where his 4-year-old son was bleeding to death after being hit by a car. I said a prayer and walked away. MMT
- miscellaneous

Today, my boyfriend was trying to pass me a note in homeroom class. Our teacher caught him and confiscated the note. She took the note back to her desk, read it, smiled, and then came back and gave it to me. The note read, “I love you. You look beautiful today.” My boyfriend’s kindness and my teacher’s compassion for love MMT
- xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment